Kanab, Utah is the perfect home base while visiting one or all of the Mighty Five National Parks (Arches, Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, and Zion). It’s also close to Lake Powell, the North Rim of the Grand Canyon, Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument and so much more. The list goes on and on! On top of our list is volunteering at Best Friends Animal Society.
We’ve been road tripping to Kanab for the last four years and we always look forward to the food. We were so excited to see a new restaurant opened this year!
1. Vermillion 45 is a new casual French/Italian bistro. The food was spectacular! We have come to expect the unexpected in Kanab and Vermillion 45 fits right in. We loved the casual vibe and the open kitchen. The owner, Walt, was walking the restaurant and chatting with guests every time we were there. We really enjoyed talking with him and that level of service. Vermillion 45 is down to earth fine dining.
2. I dream about Sego Restaurant all year and Chef Shon’s deep fried soft boiled egg. It is heaven! Chef Shon is magical in the kitchen and Sego is such a special place from the food to the service. It’s our date night go-to. They have the best charcuterie boards and we love the social style of dining.
3. I wouldn’t have believed it if you told me that I would LOVE the vegan pepperoni pizza at Peekaboo Canyon Wood-Fired Kitchen. Peekaboo’s items are all vegetarian or vegan recipes. They opened my eyes to vegetarian food. Peekaboo is our favorite spot to dine al fresco for lunch.
4. When in Kanab, you have to stop at the Rocking V Cafe! Not only for the food but for the art. The owner, Victor, is always there to greet the guests and will put a smile on your face. It’s the perfect spot to kick off your trip with a fun atmosphere and yummy food. Visit Victor’s Instagram page at @rockingvcafe to see all the PORKCHOPPERS.
5. New to us this year but not new is Wild Thyme Cafe. Two words: Corn Bread.
Bonus number 6! Best Friends Animal Society offers a $5.00 vegetarian lunch buffet every day. It’s so good and feels like home. We love their salad bar!
Last little bonus but not least because it’s the only way to start the day. 🙂 Our two favorite coffee shops – Willow Canyon Outdoor Company (Again very unexpected but that’s what we love about Kanab) and Kanab Creek Bakery.
© What Stirs Your Soul Media